If you’re anything like me, dinnertime can be a stressful occasion for all involved and more often than not it quickly devolves into a dash for the quickest meal to-go available before one of your many evening activities. Enter this handy little meal that hits all the food groups and leaves your family satisfied in about the same amount of time it would take you to make it through the drive-through, oh and it’s super tasty. With just five ingredients, this dinner can be made with items you probably already have in your pantry in just 10 minutes with minimal work.
Quick Southwestern Chicken Skillet Meal
- 1 can Organic all-white chicken packed in water
- 1 can sliced potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
- 1 can organic corn
- 1/2 jar of spicy (or your choice) salsa
- 1-2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 tsp. red & black pepper mix (optional)
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
1) Add the chicken and spices first and let the flavors meld together for a couple of minutes on a medium high stove.
2) Add potatoes and allow to gook for about 3 minutes.
3) Add corn and salsa. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and reduce heat to low.
4) Add cheese and serve with tortilla chips and extra salsa for a quick family meal.