When it comes to housework, there are lots of shortcuts…trust me, I know! I try to avoid housework at all costs.
To make your life easier, I’ve compiled some tips/tricks I’ve learned recently, that you probably already know and maybe a couple that you didn’t!
1. Cutting aluminum foil can sharpen you scissors. This is super helpful when my kitchen shears get all dull.
2. Dawn dish soap can clean the grease off your cabinets and range hood! I learned this trick from Domestic Debacle!
3. Cut a lemon and put it in your garbage disposal for instant freshness. Turn that baby on and you’ve just cleaned/de-gunked it and bonus, your kitchen now smells like lemons!
4. Olive oil can shine up your wood. No joke! I mix 1 cup of olive oil with a 1/4c of plain white vinegar and viola! A fast and frugal solution that can kick Murphy Oil’s behind!
5. Use newspaper to clean your mirrors and glass. Remember newspapers? They are these large sheets of paper with words and coupons printed on them. In the old days, people used to have it delivered to their house and not just their inbox on their computer! If you happen to have some newspaper laying around, squirt some Windex or glass cleaner on your mirrors/glass and wipe off with the newsprint. The ink helps make them babies shine!
So there you have it. Five of my tips/tricks that many of you probably have already heard about but maybe a couple of you will benefit from.
Have a tip/trick you love? Please share it in the comments so we can all be domestic goddesses for a day!