Best Meat Marina Sauce? Why yes it is! This recipe takes longer than 30 min but is great to make in bulk batches and freeze so you can have quick pasta nights later on!
My dad was a chef. Not by trade, but as long as he was alive, he was in the kitchen making amazing meals. His chili and meat sauces were the BEST! After he passed away, I inherited all of his recipes and my grandma’s.
Now, I’ve perfected the meat sauce and am ready to share it with all of you.
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Dry Minced Onion flakes
- 1 tsp+ of Chili Powder
- 1 cup, prepared beef bullion
- 3/4 cup red wine (I prefer sweet red in my sauce, but experiment and see what you like)
- 1 full size, whole bay leaf
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with puree (I prefer organic fire roasted)
- 1 - 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot or small stock pot. cook over medium heat for 1 hour, or until sauce is reduced 1 inch.
- Uncover and cook for 45min - 1 hour or until the sauce is reduced another half inch.